Sunday, March 22, 2009

Plan 8: BANG XX "Get Lucky"

The Game is a puzzle hunt kind of thing.  People often describe it as a scavenger hunt, but we don't try and collect anything, we just try to find puzzles and solve them.  And that's just what we did for BANG XX, a "short game" -- just 4-5 hours.  XX-Rated (a team of wicked smart women from Stanford) threw the game; I played both of their other games: BANG 6 (a Valentine's Day themed short game with lots of chocolate-based clues) and Paparazzi (a 2-day game).

Planning the Plan
I signed up for the game well in advance, knowing that I'd have no trouble getting a team together in the last couple weeks before the game.  But due to my poor calendar maintenance (the game was the week before I thought it was), I ended up with 6 days to form a team!  Yipe!  I had pinged Alan and Arshad when I first signed up: Arshad could make it, but Alan couldn't.  When I reconfirmed, Arshad couldn't make it, but Alan could, and he brought his girlfriend Angela and another friend... well... it turned out that his other friend wasn't able to make it at the last moment... so we were a team of three.  But still, a good time was had by all.  Good puzzles, good company, and no rain!

No comments: